Havens & Company, Inc. Participates in Launch of Supplier Connection
Last week was certainly a noteworthy one for Havens & Company!
Thursday, March 22nd marked the official launch of Supplier Connection, a free, Web-based portal initiated by IBM that allows small businesses to apply more easily and efficiently to become suppliers to large companies by registering via a universal application: www.Supplier-Connection.net. Other corporate members include AMD, AT&T, Bank of America, Caterpillar, Citigroup, Dell, Facebook, John Deere, JP Morgan Chase, Kellogg's, Office Depot, Pfizer, UPS, and Wells Fargo.
Havens & Company has been registered on the portal for about a year and has participated in the program in a variety of ways:
- Lynne Noel (In-House Counsel and Senior Consultant) served on the 2012 Webinar Committee, the purpose of which was to identify topics of both interest and use to small businesses. The webinars will be presented by subject matter experts from the growing list of member partners.
- Our entry, “Turning Customers & Partners into Sales Channels,” won the most votes in the December 2011 Supplier Spotlight Contest, a monthly contest promoting the best ideas by registered SBE Suppliers to make their businesses more profitable or more efficient.
- As a result of winning the Supplier Spotlight Contest, we were featured on the Get Connected page of the Supplier Connection portal for the month of January 2012.
To top it all off, Havens & Company was selected as one of two registered SBE Suppliers to participate in the official launch of Supplier Connection in New York City. As part of the launch, we had the opportunity to be quoted in the Wall Street Journal Online regarding the challenges that small businesses traditionally face when navigating the procurement processes of large corporations outside of Supplier Connection. In addition, Lynne Noel participated in a press event, which included:
- a keynote address by Dick Parsons (outgoing Chair of Citigroup);
- an announcement by Karen Mills (Administrator of the Small Business Administration) that the SBA has formalized an official partnership with Supplier Connection;
- an announcement that a 15th corporate member, Facebook, was added;
- a 4-person panel that was moderated by Rosabeth Moss Kanter and included Robert Walsh (Commissioner of NYC Small Business Services), Kathryn Wylde (President and CEO of Partnership for NYC), one other small business (Bottini Fuel), and Lynne Noel; and,
- taping a short video compilation with six other Supplier Connection advocates.
Havens & Company has received great feedback on our contribution to the launch from IBM and others. We are honored to have been a part of this exciting opportunity for small businesses and are very much looking forward to the explosive expansion of not only the number of corporate members, but also the number of registered suppliers.